గోంగూర పచ్చడి #recipe#
Gongura pickle recipe
Courtesy: Lakshmi ( email@example.com )
What you need:
Gongura : 1 bunch ( Biological name : Rumex acetosa). Also known as Sorrel.
Tamarind (Not tamcom): 1 small lime sized ball.
Red chillies : 10-12
Garlic : 5 cloves
Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek seeds : 1 teaspoon
Salt : To taste
Asafotida :1 pinch
Oil : 3 tablespoons ( Sesame oil is best)
How to go about it:
- Seperate the gongura leaves from the stalks. Wash throughly. Dry well using paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil is small pan. Roast red chillies, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and Asafotida. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and lightly 'fry'the gongura leaves until they are cooked/soft. Add the tamarind ball to the pan and stir. Add salt.
- In a blender, grind the red chillies, mustard, fenugreek and asafotida mix first. Then add the gongura leaves. Grind well without adding water until a fine paste is formed.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil. Roast garlic cloves until well done. Add to gongura paste. Stir well and serve.