First Telugu Bloggers' Meet in America : 1st Feb '09, Bay Area, California
"TELUGU...from palm manuscripts of ancient times...to palm OSes, laptops of today...that is our aim" - vee tel, telugublog, Feb 2006
From the starting of the Telugublog group, leading to the nascent bloggers' meets in Hyderabad, India, to the wide-spread attention garnered by the e-Telugu meetings in the National and Regional media, the Telugu Computing Movement has indeed come a long way.
The future of this mellifluous, Classical language indeed lies in the adoption of new technology and making people aware of the new medium to take their ideas and thoughts to the world.
This Movement is now going to take on a new chapter with the first ever Telugu bloggers' meet going to be organized outside the shores of India. We aim to bring the Telugu Computing Movement to America and invite you to be part of this historical event. The Telugus in North America have been among the highly skilled and successful communities present here, and are a reservoir of talent which is still untapped. The Silicon Valley will the starting point for this movement in the United States.
The first Telugu Bloggers' Meet in North America is going to be organized in the Bay Area, California on Feb 1st, 2009.
Venue: 4251 Escudo Ct, Dublin, CA 94568
Date: 1st Feb 2009
Time: 2:00pm to 4:00pm
ALL Telugu bhAshAbhimAnyulu are invited !
- How can we , as a team contribute to create more awareness of our language in this new wave of Telugu blogging
- Use upcoming BATA / SiliconAndhra / ATA, TANA functions to be a launch pad for expanding Telugu Blogs and popularizing the Telugu Computing Movement
- How can we share Dr Vemuri gaari untiring effort at University of California, Berkeley
- See if Koumudi would be interested in promoting/conducting a "kathA" competition, TOPIC focussed on creating awareness / promoting the telugu language.
- How can we try to improve the pathetic state of "nATakam" and folk arts
- How efficiently can we use local Telugu Associations from different states in our effort
- Making the national, regional and international media, include Telugu Magazines/ webzines like Koumudi, Telugunaadi, eeMaata a medium to propagate Telugu Computing Movement globally